Part Number System For Compression Springs
The Spring Store Part Number System For Compression Springs in Inches
Outer Diameter of Spring
Unit of Measure
The Spring Store By Acxess Spring Part Number System In Inches For Compression Springs
We have developed an easy stock spring part number system using the actual dimensions of the spring. This part number system for springs was developed to facilitate the creation and understanding of part numbers for springs. By using the actual dimensions of the spring in the spring part number we have made our part numbers for springs simple, but yet descriptive of the actual measurements of the spring in real time. Our part numbers consist of a series of numbers to describe each individual spring. Each part number is separated by hyphens to indicate different dimensional characteristics of a spring. Each series describes a different dimension. Below you will find a breakdown explanation of how The Spring Store part number system works for compression springs in inches.
- The letter P stands for Part Number
- The letter C stands for Compression Spring
- The first series of numbers indicates Wire Diameter=WD
- The second series, following the first hyphen, indicates Outer Diameter=OD
- The third series, following the second hyphen, indicates Total Coils=TC
- The fourth series, following the third hyphen, indicates Material Type
- The fifth series, following the fourth hyphen, indicates Free Length=FL
- The sixth series, following the fifth hyphen, indicates End Type
- The seventh series, following the sixth hyphen, indicates Finish
- The eighth series, following the last hyphen, indicates Unit of Measure Inches=IN
Please look at the part number example below for a further explanation.
Compression Spring Part Number Example In Inches:
- P=Part Number
- C=Compression Spring
- 030=0.030 Wire Diameter=WD
- 250=0.250 Outer Diameter=OD
- 9.500=Total Coils=TC
- MW=Material Type
- 1.000=Free Length=FL
- CG=End Type
- IN=Unit Of Measure Inches
Material Type: BC=Beryllium Copper, HD=Hard Drawn, MW=Music Wire, OT=Oil Tempered, PB=Phosphor Bronze, SPR=Spring Steel, SST=Stainless Steel
End Type: C=Closed Ends, CG=Closed and Ground Ends, O=Open Ends
Finish: BO=Black Oxide, GI=Gold Irridite, N=None, Z=Zinc
Unit of Measure Inches=IN
Wondering What Your Spring Will Cost?
Get a Custom Spring Instant Quote NOW!