Part Number System For Torsion Springs
The Spring Store Part Number System For Torsion Springs in Inches
Outer Diameter of Spring
Unit of Measure
The Spring Store By Acxess Spring Part Number System In Inches For Torsion Springs
We have developed an easy stock spring part number system using the actual dimensions of the spring. This part number system for springs was developed to facilitate the creation and understanding of part numbers for springs. By using the actual dimensions of the spring in the spring part number we have made our part numbers for springs simple, but yet descriptive of the actual spring measurements in real time. Our part numbers consist of a series of numbers to describe each individual spring. Each part number is separated by hyphens to indicate different dimensional characteristics of a spring. Each series describes a different dimension. Below you will find a breakdown explanation of how The Spring Store part number system works for torsion springs in inches.
- The letter P stands for Part Number
- The letter T stands for Torsion Spring
- The first series of numbers indicates Wire Diameter=WD
- The second series, following the first hyphen, indicates Outer Diameter=OD
- The third series, following the second hyphen, indicates Total Coils=TC
- The fourth series, following the third hyphen, indicates Material Type
- The fifth series, following the fourth hyphen, indicates Direction of Wind
- The sixth series, following the fifth hyphen, indicates Leg Lengths
- The seventh series, following the sixth hyphen, indicates Finish
- The eighth series, following the last hyphen, indicates Unit of Measure Inches=IN
Please look at the part number example below for a further explanation.
Torsion Spring Part Number Example In Inches:
- P=Part Number
- T=Torsion Spring
- 023=0.023 Wire Diameter=WD
- 251=0.251 Outer Diameter=OD
- 7.750=Total Coils=TC
- MW=Material Type
- RH=Wind Direction
- 1.000=Leg Lengths=LL
- IN=Unit Of Measure Inches
Material Type: BC=Beryllium Copper, HD=Hard Drawn, MW=Music Wire, OT=Oil Tempered, PB=Phosphor Bronze, SPR=Spring Steel, SST=Stainless Steel
Wind Direction: LH=Left Hand, RH=Right Hand
Finish: GI=Gold Irridite, N=None, Z=Zinc
Unit of Measure Inches=IN
Wondering What Your Spring Will Cost?
Get a Custom Spring Instant Quote NOW!